Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Beauty tips by shilpa Shetty


Shilpa Shetty is another beauty star of bollywood.She explain here her beauty tips here:

MAKE UP TIPSMY basic rule is "less is more". Wearing a heavy base, caked powder and red rouge just looks scary.


Never do your face in public. You distort your face to apply cosmetics and that is not an attractive look, which is why I applied mine away from the cameras in the Big Brother bathroom.


Accentuate just one feature. If, like me, you want to draw attention to your eyes keep your lipstick quite understated. If you have lovely, pouty lips, wear a darker gloss and keep your eyes subtle.

Eyelash curlers can open up your eyes and give them definition without the need for layers of mascara.

Use false eyelashes for a more glamorous night-time look.

I use products from Mac, Stella, Estee Lauder and Nars. I don't stick to one brand. If a colour suits my skin tone I may even go for a new brand. Before I go to bed, I use Johnson's baby oil to get rid of the makeup on my face and then dab it with a hot towel.

BEAUTY TIPS
NO matter how late I come home, I always remove my make-up. I mix pure coconut oil with olive oil, smooth it over my skin and wipe it off with cotton wool. It's naturally soothing to skin.

Try to sleep for a minimum of eight hours a day and never use soap on your face - it's too harsh.

Don't overload your skin with fancy products. My mum, who is 57 and has amazing skin, says the more you use when you're young, the worse it gets when you age.

And try having your eyebrows threaded at a salon to avoid in-growing hairs.


HAIR CAREKEEP it natural.
Hair that has been crimped, curled and sprayed looks so overdone. Best to make it look as if it's natural, loose and shiny.

Wash hair every second day so it isn't stripped of natural oils. And change your shampoo regularly, as using the same products causes build up. I don't use any particular shampoo but the best conditioner is the L'Oreal Kerastase range - you can feel it working.

My hair is blow-dried straight, but I'd never use heated straighteners as they frazzle your hair.

FITNESS

IF you don't feel comfortable working out at a gym, change venue or you'll never go. Or do what I do and train at home.

Stretch before and after a workout to prevent muscle strain. Cardiovascular exercise keeps you fit, trim and healthy so my workouts involve light runs on the treadmill.

Lift light dumb-bells to tone your arms without bulking up - I use heavier weights on my legs for definition. And work out at least three times a week.

I am genetically blessed. I do not diet much. To be fit is very important to me. I don’t go overboard on what I eat....I do meditate regularly....I love doing squats. I’ve always felt my legs are too skinny, so I concentrate more on my lower body.... I get workout tips from my costars, Salman Khan and Sunjay Dutt, who are fitness freaks themselves.

EATING

DIETING is the worst thing you can do - I've never done anything silly like the cabbage soup diet. Instead, just eat good, natural foods in sensible portions.

I drink around 10 glasses of hot water during the day to cleanse my system, keep my skin clear and feel full.

Never snack - eating between meals just increases your calorie intake. Remember tea is always better than sugary, fizzy drinks. And don't eat after 8pm. I always eat at least three hours before I go to bed so my body has the chance to work off the calories.

Thank you for read this article.